Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm back from Le Marche. Had a lovely trip despite having a real problem with my neck and shoulder (apparently I had whiplash years ago, according to the chiropractor). The weather was, surprise, surprise, wonderful and I did an awful lot of driving from the airport in Bologna to Rimini then Fano, Ascoli Piceno, Mondavio and Gubbio. Ascoli piceno was a bit disappointing apart from the main square where I sat and had coffee and ice cream in the famous Anisetta Meletti where there was a really unfriendly waiter who I believe was probably in the wrong job!!
The hotel I stayed in was called Villa Guilia was a lovely country house hotel..... very romantic place with lovely rooms and good service. The pool was a great size and not busy.
Gubbio in Umbria was really pretty and I had yet another ice cream to calm my nerves after falling very inelegantly on the cobbled streets in front of a very large crowd of people who were celebrating something! At least I added a touch of entertainment to the event. (note to self: must remember to wear sensible shoes whilst walking around medieval cities!!!!
All in all.... food delicious, place beautiful, wish I lived there!! Dublin, well, was lashing with rain when I got back! winter has started!

No comments: